14 Reasons Why WORDPRESS Is Better…
You’ve started your new business, you have your social media set but now uh-oh! You need a website. There’s literally hundreds of options out there for you to use – but which one should you pick?
Free websites usually give you no SEO, do not show up in Google and can look quite frankly, terrible. You need to look professional, welcoming, inviting – you need to show that why a customer should stop by and shop with you versus your competitor.
The WordPress platform is an incredible place to begin your website. Here’s some key benefits why you should be choosing WordPress, over any others.
1. Themes allow you to change the design of your website quickly. There are thousands of themes available for WordPress. See our themes here
2. Plugins allow you to extend the functionality of your WordPress site without knowing how to program. There are over 10,000 plugins available that help you add all kinds of functionality to your sites, like social media sharing, SEO, photo slideshows, and much more.
3. They are easy to update. If you can create a Word document, you can publish a new article to your WordPress website. Once it is set up, you can update it anytime you want, and that is important for engagement with your visitors and for the search engines. Don’t like to update and maintain? No problem! See our maintenance package here
4. Google loves WordPress sites. Because they are updated more frequently, and the content tends to be structured well, you can get a WordPress site ranking very quickly compared to a static website. Google has even gone on record as recommending WordPress for business sites (see YouTube video)
5. WordPress is supported by a thriving, engaged community. A recent study estimates that approximately 8% of the sites on the Internet are run by WordPress. There are thousands of designers, developers and enthusiasts out there to help if you get stuck. Help is just a Google or Bing search away.
6. Manage Your Website from Any Computer. WordPress is browser-based. You can login from any Internet connected computer and manage your site.
7. No HTML Editing or FTP Software Required. WordPress is a self-contained system and does not require HTML editing software (such as Adobe Contribute or Dreamweaver). You can create a new page or blog post, format text, upload images (and edit them), upload documents, video files, image galleries, etc. all without the need for additional HTML or FTP software.
8. A Blog is Built-in and Ready to Go. Since WordPress was originally created as a blogging platform, blogging capabilities are built-in and are easy to integrate, if desired. Setting up RSS / email subscriptions to your blog, commenting capabilities, and automatically adding the most recent blog posts to other pages of the site (your home page, for example) are also very simple to set-up, and help to extend your company’s reach and make your site more dynamic and interactive.
9. Your Site Can Grow as Your Business Grows. WordPress sites are very scaleable. You can have hundreds of thousands of pages or blog posts on your site and the performance of the site will not be compromised in the least.
10. Save Money – No longer do you need to send the most basic text changes to your designer or even have your designer add new pages or blog posts for you. Make the edits yourself whenever you want and save the money you would’ve paid your designer for more important things by adding new content on your own. Times are tight and managing your own text, photos and video for your website is a great way to contribute to saving costs.
11. Mobile Readiness – No need to produce a second Web site just for mobile users. WordPress automatically recognizes if a person is viewing the site through a web browser or mobile device and configures the content to be viewed on either.
12. Better Time Management – Add content and then schedule those posts to publish on your site on whatever day and time you want. You could write an entire 12-week e-course, for example, break it up into 12 pieces and have each automatically post to the site at the same day and time each week for 12 weeks.
13. Search Engine Magnetism – As a result of your inspiration to post content more often, your frequency of contribution will attract Google robots and other search engines like magnets. The robots will search your entire site every day looking for new content and new pages and changes they can index. New pages get indexed in hours or even MINUTES when you commit to adding new content over time.
14. Free Upgrades – Unlike traditional Web site software like Dreamweaver, Photoshop or Flash, upgrades to WordPress blog software is free.
Let’s discuss getting you started with your very own WordPress website – We are WordPress Specialists!